Update: June 15th 2020
At this time, we are NOT accepting guest posts.
Please check back at a later date
Yes, Travel Off Path IS accepting guest post writers.
We are on the lookout for great writers and avid travellers who want to submit a piece to be featured on the site. Guest posting is a great way to get more experience, exposure and of course, those valuable back-links!
Here’s everything you need to know about our requirements, how to submit, and what you can expect in return.
Topics We’re Looking For:
First and foremost, all topics should do ONE thing: solve a problem. Any article has to solve a problem or offer value for the reader, especially when they are searching for information to answer their specific travel questions.
Whether it’s how to get from point a to point b, how to see a destination on a budget, or the best places to eat in a new city – the piece must educate, inspire and fill in the blanks for the reader.
Here are some specifics on what we’re looking for (with example titles) :
→ City Destination Guides
“10 Things You Need To Know Before Visiting Bucharest”
“How To See Paris on $50 a Day”
→ Expats Living Abroad
“10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Moving to Tokyo”
“How I Live in Mexico on $1000/m”
→ Train, Road Trip or Boat Travel or Reviews
“Around The World Cruise – My 100 Days At Sea”
“Take This Amazing Sleeper Train Across Europe”
→ Niche City Topics
“The Best Rooftops in NYC To Get That Insta-Shot”
“Top 5 Vegan Restaurants in Istanbul”
→ Lesser Known Destinations & Hidden Gems
→ ‘Solo Travel’ Tips & Guides
If you have an idea that doesn’t fit into those topics, don’t sweat it. We’re still interested in accepting blogs outside of these main ideas. We want you to be passionate and knowledgable in the topic you’re writing about!
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for fun, sassy, passionate and interesting people to write pieces for the site. We’re looking for individuals who have some experience and knowledge in online writing and content creation.
We give preference to those who want to write more than one piece and those who have a strong social following.
We are NOT accepting guest posts from companies or brands that are simply looking for an indirect way to sell their product.
What We Expect:
- Articles must be 100% original writing, not posted or published elsewhere already, and will not be re-published anywhere else in the future.
- Articles need to be at least 1000 words, but can be as long as you want.
- Writing should be conversational, fun, easy to read, and should be very valuable for the reader. Good grammar and spelling is a must.
What You Can Expect in Return:
- Your guest post featured on the front page of our site, which currently has around 90,000 visitors per month.
- Your post promoted through our social channels like Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Your writing edited and reviewed by me, with optional feedback if you wish.
- 2 DO-Follow links to your own blog/site (Our DA is currently 42)
- 2 links to your social media profiles promoting you
Want To Pitch A Blog Idea?
How To Submit A Guest Post
Once your guest post draft has been written, here is all the info about submitting a copy to us:
What To Include In Your Guest Post Submission:
- Email us the guest post draft
- Attach any photos you want included in the post. (These can only be photos you own or royalty-free stock photos.)
- Include the links that you want us to place in the article. (2 do-follow links to your own site/blog if you have one and 2 social media links)
- A short 2 to 3 line bio about yourself that will be featured at the bottom of the post. If you want a photo of yourself in your bio, please include this as well.
What we do after we receive the draft:
- We will look it all over, suggest any edits if necessary and collect any further info we might need from you to make the article pop!
- SEO the article
- Upload the article, attach bio, all photos, and links to you
- If you did not include any photos, we will source royal free stock photos to use
- Publish the article on traveloffpath.com and feature it on the front page
- Promote the article to our audience on social media
Once your guest post is published, you will:
- Read it over to ensure there are no errors
- Share it with your friends, family and on your social accounts (you should be proud!)
- You can also add a link to the article in your own blog/portfolio if you have one (just a link to the article, not the text/content of the article itself)
- Sit back and enjoy the promotion!
How To Submit A News Story
Trevor is our resident Travel News writer at Travel Off Path. He is always looking for leads, sources and breaking travel news stories.
If you have a travel news story you want us to cover or investigate, please send Trevor a message HERE. All submissions will be kept confidential.