The World Waterpark in Edmonton, Canada has reopened its doors to the public as of July 18th, 2020 after being shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic on March 16th.
World Waterpark is one of the world’s largest indoor waterparks with the ability to handle up to 40,000 guests.
The World Waterpark will be significantly limiting capacity and enforcing mask usage while not using slides or pools.
“World Waterpark has significantly reduced capacity of the park to ensure all precautionary measures are effectively implemented. To allow guests more flexibility to visit the park on their day of choice, we have adjusted our operational hours to run two 4-hour sessions each day of the week. Tickets must be purchased in advance through our webstore as each operational session has limited park capacity.”
The park has also added several other safety measures to reduce the risk of contracting covid-19 including:
• Directional and safety signage throughout the park
• Reminders to adhere to guidelines set Alberta Health Services and Government of Alberta
• Physical distancing has been implemented throughout World Waterpark as we have significantly reduced our guest capacity
• Seating areas have been rearranged to ensure the comfort of all guests
• We encourage all guests visiting World Waterpark to wear a face mask in all non-aquatic environments, wearing a face mask is strictly prohibited when using water slides or pools.
• We will be enforcing the use of hand sanitizer prior to entering World Waterpark and proper hand hygiene
• Additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the park
The West Edmonton Mall Waterpark features 17 slides and one of the largest indoor wave pools in the world with waves reaching heights of 6 feet.
World Waterpark will be open 7 days a week from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
and 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. until September 7, 2020.
Tickets must be purchased in advance through the webstore as each operational session has limited park capacity.