Travel is back in a big way, and airlines are responding with new flights to destinations all over the world. Burnt out from too much work? Maybe a week at an overwater bungalow in Tahiti is just what you need. No good Guinness in Cleveland? Head to Dublin and grab a pint fresh from the source. Here are some of the newest direct international routes from the U.S. worth considering this year.
Los Angeles (LAX) To Tahiti (PPT)
Passengers in Los Angeles can now fly direct to Papeete, Tahiti in French Polynesia. The service from Delta between the two locations began earlier in the winter and offers the route three times each week. Flights are scheduled for every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Flights From Los Angeles depart at 11:10 am and arrive in Papeete at 6:10 pm. The flying time is 9 hours.
- Flights originating in Papeete depart at 8:10 pm and arrive the next day at 6:40 am. Flying time is 8 hours and 30 minutes.
Cleveland (CLE) to Dublin (DUB)
This spring Aer Lingus will launch its 15th transatlantic route between Ireland and North America. The new route from Ohio to Dublin will be the only nonstop route between Cleveland and Europe. Service will begin on May 19th and operate each Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Cleveland flights will depart at 8:20 pm arriving in Dublin at 8:50 am the following morning.
- Flights originating in Dublin will depart at 3:30 pm and land in Cleveland at 6:50 pm.
Atlanta (ATL) To Tel Aviv (TLV)
In just a few weeks, Delta will launch its new route to Tel Aviv, Israel. The route will start on March 26 and operate 3 flights each week until April 16th, when daily service will begin. Eastbound flights are just over 12 hours in duration, while planes heading to Tel Aviv will be airborne for nearly 13 and a half hours.
- Flights from Atlanta will depart at 2 pm, and arrive the following day at 9:15 am
- Flights departing Tel Aviv take off at 11:30 am and arrive in Atlanta at 5:55 pm
New York (JFK) to Auckland (AKL)
This summer, Qantas will launch service three times each week from New York JFK to Auckland, New Zealand. The flights are scheduled to launch in June and will bring passengers to the vibrant capital city of Auckland on a 16-hour nonstop flight before continuing on to Sydney. The flight schedule is not yet available.
Newark (EWR) To Aruba (AUA)
Newark Airport will add service to Aruba via JetBlue this summer. This seasonal service will operate on Saturdays only and will launch on June 15.
- Flights departing Newark will leave at 9:00 am and arrive in Aruba at 1:48 pm.
- Flights originating in Aruba depart at 3:10 pm and arrive in Newark at 8:08 pm.
Boston (BOS) And New York (JFK) To Paris (CDG)
JetBlue made headlines when it announced Paris as its second European destination last year. This year will see the official launch of those flights, with JFK to Paris launching this summer and the Boston to Paris route commencing before the end of the year. The exact dates and schedule have not yet been announced.
Washington D.C. (IAD) to Berlin (BER)
Beginning May 23rd, United Airlines will launch seasonal service between Washington, D.C. and Berlin, Germany. This route will be United’s only direct service between the two capital cities and will operate daily.
- Flights from Washington D.C. will depart at 5:45 pm and arrive in Berlin at 8:20 am the next morning. Flying time is 8 hours and 35 minutes.
- Flights originating in Berlin depart at 11:10 am and arrive in Washington, D.C. at 2:30 pm. Flying time is 9 hours and 20 minutes.
New York LaGuardia (LGA) To Bermuda (BDA)
Beginning May 5th, JetBlue will launch seasonal service to Bermuda from La Guardia Airport in New York. Flights will operate daily.
- Bermuda-bound flights depart LGA at 9:59 am and land in BDA at 1:12 am
- Flights departing Bermuda leave at 2:15 pm and arrive in New York at 3:33 pm
Cincinnati (CVG) To London (LHR)
British Airways Flights between Cincinnati, Ohio, and London Heathrow will launch this summer. When the route begins on June 5th, Cincinnati will become the airline’s 27th U.S. destination.
- Flights will operate four times each week during the winter months
- During the peak summer season, the route will operate five times per week
Newark (EWR) To Málaga, Spain (AGP)
United Airlines plans to launch a new seasonal route to Málaga, located along Spain’s Costa del Sol. Beginning on May 31, the new route will operate each Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from June -Sept and will be United’s fifth Spanish destination.
Atlanta (ATL) To Cape Town (CPT)
Atlanta passengers can now fly direct to Cape Town, South Africa with Delta’s newly launched route. Flights will operate three times per week on a year-round schedule.
- Flights depart Atlanta at 8:50 pm and arrive the following day at 6:15 pm
- Flights departing Cape Town leave at 10:50 pm and arrive in Atlanta the following morning at 8 am
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest travel news, conversations, and Q&A's happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path's latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox.
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com
Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.