Last Updated 2 months ago
Bermuda is reopening for tourism on July 1st and will be accepting tourists arriving by air from all countries, as long as they adhere to health protocols set out by the local government, which include bringing a certified negative Covid-19 test.
International flights are set to resume to the island starting on July 1st and will continue to expand services as demand increases.
What Are The Rules For Travelling to Bermuda?
As of July 1st 2020, all tourists and visitors into Bermuda are expected to follow these health protocols set out by the government:
Pre-Departure — Prior to departing for Bermuda, travellers should:
- Obtain a certified negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours of departure
- Ensure they have travel health insurance that covers covid
- Wear face masks when travelling to the departure airport
- Wear face masks and practise physical distancing at the departure airport
- Complete a traveller screening form and arrival card
- Complete the Bermuda travel authorisation process online (within 48 hours of departure) which gathers important information for the island’s health and immigration officials; a $75 fee is required, which includes the cost of all COVID-19 testing in Bermuda
In Flight — During flight, travellers should:
- Wear a face mask while on the plane
- Practise social distancing to the extent possible
Upon Arrival — Upon arrival, travellers will:
- Continue to wear their face mask and practise physical distancing
- Undergo RT-PCR COVID-19 testing at airport and isolate on the property of your accommodation until results are ready (turnaround time between four and eight hours in most cases, when arrival happens during the day).
During Trip— While in Bermuda, travellers must:
- Practise social distancing
- Take your own temperature 2x's daily and upload it into app (pack a thermometer)
- Take a COVID-19 test, administered on Day 4, Day 8 and Day 14 at easily accessible pop-up testing centres around the island. Appointments accepted; no wait for results, and visitor is notified of results
What if you can't get a negative-PCR test within 72 hours of departure? You can still make the trip, but must agree to a RT-PCR test upon arrival, a three-day in-room quarantine at accommodation, and a RT-PCR test on Day 3.
Temperature checks upon arrival and departure are also in full effect.
Bermuda is not requiring a mandatory quarantine period for arriving tourists after July 1st that follow all of the above protocols.
We look forward to welcoming back air visitors to @Bermuda safely as of July 1. The re-opening plan announced tonight protects our community while allowing visitors back to experience our precious home & help get the economy going again https://t.co/pak8IbmWgr pic.twitter.com/iXpD5SXLz1— Bermuda Tourism Authority (@BTAInsights) June 11, 2020
Which Flights Have Resumed To Bermuda?
Bermuda’s announcement to reopen for July 1st was just released on June 11th, so airlines are organizing to start resuming flights. There are a few airlines who have already updated some direct schedules into Bermuda, they are as follows:
- On Air Canada starting July 2nd
- On WestJet starting July 9th
- On Delta starting July 7th
- On British Airways starting July 17th
- On JetBlue starting August 1st
- On JetBlue starting August 1st
- Unknown, but expect to resume in July
If you visit Bermuda, here is what you can expect to be open:
- Public Transportation
- Gatherings of up to 20 people
- Restaurants (indoor and outdoor with proper distancing)
- Cinemas and Museums (at 20% capacity)
- Gyms (with physical distancing)
- Pools (max of 20 people)
If the government of Bermuda moves to the next phase of reopening by July 1st, some of these capacity regulations and rules may expand and change.
Hotels Open in Bermuda
Here is a list of hotels that have already reopened with new health and safety protocols:
|Coral Beach Club||Open|
|The Loren Hotel||Open|
|The Sandpiper Guest Apartments||Open|
|Rosemont Guest Suites||Open|
|Little Pomander Guest House||Open|
|Edgehill Manor Guest House||Open|
|Royal Palms Hotel||Open|
|Grape Bay Cottages||July 7|
|Blue Horizons Guest House||July 9|
Here is a list of hotels that are still working on reopening, but have a scheduled date:
TARGETED OPENING DATE:
TARGET OPENING DATE
|Aunt Nea's Inn||07/16/2020|
|Coco Reef Resort||07/24/2020|
|Newstead Belmont Hills Resort||07/29/2020|
|Pompano Beach Club||07/29/2020|
|Grotto Bay Beach Resort||08/01/2020|
|Hamilton Princess & Beach Club||08/01/2020|
|Inverurie Executive Suites||08/01/2020|
|Elbow Beach Resort||09/01/2020|
|St. Regis Hotel||04/02/2021|
Bermuda's 1-year Remote Work Visa
On August 1, Bermuda launched their new digital nomad program called the “Work From Bermuda” certificate. It's a type of Visa that allows remote workers to live and work on the island for up to 1 year. The cost is actually super reasonable at $263/year. We mapped out all the pros, cons and fine print of the Work From Bermuda program.
Disclaimer: Bermuda’s reopening news is ever-changing and being updated constantly. We do our best to keep this article up to date with all the latest information, but the decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry before traveling.