Puerto Rico has once again reopened for tourism as of September 12th after a surge in COVID-19 cases caused a second shutdown.
The reopening will allow for the Puerto Rico’s beaches, theaters, casinos and gyms to once again open.
Governor Wanda Vazquez issued the executive order after a drop of almost 4000 COVID-19 cases compared to the previous month.
Businesses That Have Reopened For Tourists:
The following businesses have reopened at limited capacities:
Operating at 50% Capacity
- Nature reserves
- Golf courses
- Retails stores
- Grocery Stores
- Hair Salons
Operating at 25% Capacity
- Hotel Pools
- Puerto Rico Metropolitan Bus Authority
- Tren Urbano subway system
Puerto Rico Entry Requirements:
- All travelers must fill out the Travel Declaration Form before traveling to Puerto Rico
- All travelers from approved countries must present proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test no older than 72 hours (From when test was performed until arriving in Puerto Rico).
- All incoming travelers should have travel insurance the covers COVID-19 for the duration of their trip to Puerto Rico.
The following countries are NOT permitted to enter Puerto Rico.
- All European Union Countries
Mandatory Curfew Changes in Puerto Rico
The 24 hour lockdown on Sundays has been lifted as of September 12th.
The following curfew is still in effect for all of Puerto Rico:
10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m seven days a week.
Use of Face Masks and Social Distancing
- The mandatory use of Face masks is required in all public spaces in Puerto Rico.
- Observe all social distancing protocols and signs
All cruise ports are closed and cruise ships are currently banned from stopping in Puerto Rico
SUBSCRIBE TO NEW POSTS
Disclaimer: Puerto Rico’s reopening news can change without notice and is being updated constantly. We do our best to keep this article up to date with all the latest information, but the decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling.