Say goodbye to the swim-up bar & buffet.
Punta Cana all inclusive resorts in the post pandemic world are going to look very different.
One all inclusive resort appears to be leading the way in helping to prevent the spread of Covid-19 once they reopen.
So how does an all-inclusive resort with 1775 rooms not become a covid-19 hot spot?
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Punta Cana has set the stage with one of the most rigourous sanitation programs we’ve seen so far with detailed preventative measures added with what the hotel is calling their ‘Safe + Sound‘ program.
Once arriving at the hotel, all guests will have their temperatures taken.
Any guests that appear to be showing symptoms of the virus or an elevated, temperature will be cleared by the on-site doctor before being allowed to enter the hotel.
All luggage will be sanitized before entering the hotel by employees wearing the proper personal protective equipment.
Once inside the hotel all furniture, dining spaces, pool chairs and line-up areas have been clearly set up to allow for social distancing.
All employees will be required to wear the appropriate PPE based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to government regulations and medical guidance. This includes authorized face masks and gloves.
The pools and beaches will be open but proper distancing between all chairs will be strictly enforced and all pool activities suspended. Swim up pool bars will be closed.
Between uses chairs will be cleaned and sanitized. Chlorine levels in pools will also be slight elevated within a permitted range.
Buffets and teppanyaki service have been eliminated from restaurants. Instead, these will be replaced with a-la-carte dining. Menus will be availble on your mobile device or a one time printed use.
Restaurants, cafes, bars and lounges will reduce seating capacities to
allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group/party of guests.
Fitness centers and spa’s will be open but operating at a reduced capacity to allow for proper social distancing and santitation.
Guest room standards will go through a deep sanitation between guests. Here are a few of the changes you will notice at the resort.
Extremely strict sanitizing protocols will be used to clean guest rooms, with an emphasis on high-contact surfaces such as television, remote controls, phone, faucets, door, closet and drawer handles, curtains, light switches, air conditioning thermostats, balcony items, and more.
• Printed collateral such as menus or flyers will be eliminated from all guest rooms to reduce the risk of contamination—all hotel information will be accessible on the hotel’s website or through a QR code.
• Foot runners that were previously part of the bedding have been eliminated.
• New protocols include minimization of team member interaction with guests inside the room, including servicing while the guest is not in the room.
Will the Casino Be Open at the Hard Rock Punta Cana?
Yes. The casino will be open and follow new social distancing guidelines and sanitation measures set out by the CDC.
All guests that wish to use the Casino will be required to wear a mask and have their temperatures taken before entering.
Other measures at the casino will include:
• Slot Machines: Slot machines will be reconfigured or turned off with chairs removed to allow for physical distance. Additionally, hand sanitizing gel will be located ateach slot bank while employees will also sanitize slot machines between uses.
• Table Games: Table games rails and chairs will be sanitized thoroughly after each guest leaves a game. Any and all components of table games will be sanitized thoroughly between each player. Every other table will be open with up to three chairs per table game to allow for physical distancing.
One thing is for sure. All Inclusive resorts in Punta Cana will look very different when they reopen their doors.
Will all of the sanitation and social distancing prevent the spread Covid-19 resorts? Only time will tell.