Forbes’ independent star rating system, Forbes Travel Guide —founded in 1958— has published its most recent edition. The rating system considers luxury hotels, restaurants, and spas across the globe, and now the 2023 Star Awards has been published.
This year, in the 65th annual list, the rating system expanded and included cruise ratings and new destinations. The new list features 360 Five-Star hotels, 585 Four-Star hotels, and 433 recommended hotels.
Mexico was included in the rating process, and here are the top 15 hotels recommended by Forbes Travel Guide at different destinations in this fascinating country:
- Kimpton Aluna Tulum: This boutique resort has two spectacular pools, a delicious Mexican-Asian rooftop restaurant, and great rooms that provide serenity for travelers.
- Paradisus La Perla: This private all-inclusive adults-only resort, or oasis, as Forbes Travel Guide describes it, is impressive. It has 19,000 square feet and includes 14 restaurants, 13 bars, a spa and a fitness club, and a beauty salon with massage cabins.
- Royal Hideaway Playacar: this all-inclusive adults-only resort is located in Playa del Carmen and has beautiful gardens, six pool areas, a spa, pools, and restaurants. Inspector also highlighted the hotel’s culinary experiences.
- Thompson Playa del Carmen Main House: This resort has a special style, “midcentury-modern chic,” that makes it unique and appealing upon arrival. The rooftop and the dining options have stood out.
- TRS Yucatan Hotel: Another incredible adults-only resort. This property has three special and different pool experiences, great amenities, personalized butler service, and great activities such as Spanish lessons and yacht rentals.
- Grand Solmar Land’s End Resort and Spa: This resort was considered “an architectural masterpiece,” and the publication highlighted its breathtaking ocean views, beautiful gardens, and the beautiful local beach.
Top 5 Travel Insurance Plans For 2023 Starting At $10 Per Week
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort: with a large beachfront, this luxury hotel offers travelers a great family experience for a relaxing vacation, including a spa, multiple swimming pools, and a great beach with swimmable waters.
- Viceroy Los Cabos: The avant-garde design grabs guests’ attention upon arrival, and this resort has special architectural and artistic features, including art shows. It has been described as perfect for friends and celebrations.
- Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun: This adults-only resort in Cancun has a remarkable spa with a great variety of services and a great location. It is right across La Isla Shopping Villa and a beautiful and relaxing beach. Guests have access to multiple restaurants and great pools.
- SLS Cancun Hotel & Residences: A perfect beach retreat. The inspector has highlighted the beautiful floor-to-ceiling views from each room and the Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course.
Other Destinations In Mexico
- Grand Fiesta Americana Monterrey Valle – Monterrey: Combining industrial chic and the Old World charm, this luxury hotel has become a popular hotspot among locals and travelers. The inspector has highlighted hospitality and the stunning views of the city.
- Grand Fiesta Americana Puebla Angelópolis -Puebla: This 168-room elegant hotel has beautiful amenities and a pool with great views of Puebla. The hotel restaurant allows guests to taste the best local gastronomy, and from the rooftop, visitors get to enjoy a great ambiance and taste the bar’s gin creations.
- Hotel Matilda – San Miguel de Allende: Its fascinating cubist design spa offers guests the best treatments in a luxurious property at a great location in San Miguel de Allende. Visitors can request a tour and the art collection, which includes a Diego Rivera painting.
- Live Aqua Urban Resort Mexico- Mexico City: The Bosques de las Lomas neighborhood is home to this adults-only boutique hotel. At the hotel, guests can enjoy the spa and the restaurant and access the shopping mall connected to the property.
- Live Aqua Urban Resort Monterrey: The special furniture and the peculiar amenities stand out. As with the other Live Aqua hotels, water is a protagonist, and here guests can enjoy a hydrotherapy circuit as well as relaxing pools, showers, and saunas.
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox.
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com