Over one million flights across 600 airlines were rated by passengers this year, and the results are in. With the holiday frenzy about to begin, passengers are searching for a good deal but are also turning to the airlines that will give the best experience as they are welcomed back into the air.
Airlines are coming back into full force, with skyrocketing prices and levels reaching 94% of pre-pandemic levels. According to the International Air Transport Association, these awards celebrate the most popular airlines voted by travelers.
The Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) announced the winners of its Passenger Choice Awards this week across multiple categories, including cabin service, entertainment, food and beverage, seat comfort, and Wi-Fi. Passengers were given the opportunity to vote on the airlines that offered the best experience for their flights.
Known as one of the most prestigious awards an airline can receive, APEX is a global non-profit and international airline association that conducts these awards on an annual basis and partnered with TripIt from Concur, a travel organizing app, to collect passenger feedback across the categories from a third-party survey.
“The passengers have spoken, and they have said airlines taking home a Global Passenger Choice Award are the top in the world when it comes to two key areas of in-flight entertainment and Wi-Fi,” said APEX CEO Dr. Joe Leader in a statement.
Picking up the Global Airline in the Americas was Delta Airlines, which also secured the Best Wi-Fi award for the global category. Delta recently announced that new premium seats will be available for long-haul flights in 2024 and has been doubling down on opportunities to create a more spacious and enhanced cabin experience with its Delta Premium Select. Alaska Airlines took the prize for the best major airline in North America, while regional airline went to JSX. Southwest Airlines took out the award for best Low-Cost Carrier, known for its regular flight deals, with some flights as low as $59.
Hawaiian Airlines was favorable for select categories, winning the Best Cabin Service and Best Seat Comfort, while JetBlue took out two awards for best Wi-Fi and Food and Beverage. United Airlines was voted for Best Entertainment.
For global airlines, Qatar Airways was voted best for Seat Comfort and Best Food & Beverage, while Emirates received the Best Entertainment accolade, and Eva Air collected the Best Cabin Service.
Check out the full list of winners below:
Global Passenger Choice Awards
- Best Seat Comfort: Qatar Airways
- Best Cabin Service: Eva Air
- Best Food & Beverage: Qatar Airways
- Best Entertainment: Emirates
- Best Wi-Fi: Delta Air Lines
- Best Global Airline in the Americas: Delta Air Lines
2022 Regional Passenger Choice Awards
- Best Major Airline in North America: Alaska Airlines
- Best Regional Airline in North America: JSX
- Best Low-Cost Carrier in North America: Southwest Airlines
- Best Cabin Service: Hawaiian
- Best Wi-Fi: JetBlue
- Best Seat Comfort: Hawaiian
- Best Food & Beverage: JetBlue
- Best Entertainment: United Airlines
- Best Overall Airline: Air Austral
- Best Entertainment: Ethiopian Airlines
- Best Cabin Service: Ethiopian Airlines
- Best Wi-Fi: Air Mauritius
- Best Food & Beverage: Air Mauritius
- Best Seat Comfort: South African Airways
- Best Overall Airline: Vistara
- Best Entertainment: Air Astana
- Best Cabin Service: SriLankan Airlines
- Best Wi-Fi: SriLankan Airlines
- Best Food & Beverage: Air Astana
- Best Seat Comfort: Indigo
- Best Overall Airline: EVA Air
- Best Entertainment: Cathay Pacific
- Best Cabin Service: Korean Air
- Best Wi-Fi: Japan Airlines
- Best Food & Beverage: Korean Air
- Best Seat Comfort: Singapore Airlines
- Best Overall Airline: Virgin Atlantic
- Best Entertainment: Air France
- Best Cabin Service: SWISS
- Best Wi-Fi: Finnair
- Best Food & Beverage: Turkish Airlines
- Best Seat Comfort: Turkish Airlines
- Best Overall Airline: Xiamen
- Best Entertainment: China Southern
- Best Cabin Service: China Southern
- Best Wi-Fi: China Eastern
- Best Food & Beverage: Air China
- Best Seat Comfort: China Eastern
- Best Overall Airline: Qatar Airways
- Best Entertainment: Etihad Airways
- Best Cabin Service: Middle East Airlines
- Best Wi-Fi: Emirates
- Best Food & Beverage: Emirates
- Best Seat Comfort: Oman Air
- Best Overall Airline: Azul
- Best Entertainment: Avianca
- Best Cabin Service: Avianca
- Best Wi-Fi: GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes
- Best Food & Beverage: LATAM
- Best Seat Comfort: LATAM
- Best Overall Airline: Air New Zealand
- Best Entertainment: Air Tahiti Nui
- Best Cabin Service: Air Tahiti Nui
- Best Wi-Fi: Qantas
- Best Food & Beverage: Fiji Airways
- Best Seat Comfort: Virgin Australia
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com