Trains and slow travel are gaining a lot of popularity in 2023, especially in Europe. There are new train routes that make it easier and more comfortable for travelers to explore different countries this year, and many visitors prefer to take a sleeper train over a plane as it offers many advantages and a unique experience. Now, there is a special and exciting rail adventure connecting to Northern Africa that everyone is talking about.
There’s a new 16-day-flight-free route connecting London to Morocco that includes trains, buses, and a ferry. The travel company Byway is offering a new multi-stop itinerary that allows travelers to organize their trip from the two main cities and suggests the best dates and stops for those interested in this exciting route.
The itinerary includes stops at Nîmes in France, Madrid, and Cádiz in Spain, and then explores Tangier, Chefchaouen, Fez, and Casablanca in Morocco. Byway has a “trip builder” feature that creates the route, but travelers can adapt it to their needs and preferences.
According to the information shared, there’s an increasing interest among travelers for long-haul train trips as an alternative to short-haul flights. In 2022, 30% of Byway’s holiday bookings surpassed 10 days, while in 2021, these long trips only reached 5%.
Train travel offers travelers unique experiences and a different way to enjoy a destination away from long security lines at the airport and long waiting times before gates and at check-in counters. Those who want to get the most out of a city enjoy train travel as they only need to arrive a few minutes in advance, and the routes and travel opportunities seem endless in Europe.
Top 5 Travel Insurance Plans For 2023 Starting At $10 Per Week
What Travelers Can Expect From Byway’s Itinerary
Byway focuses on slow travel and sustainable experiences. The company is currently offering a popular itinerary for 16 days, starting at around $2,175 per person, from London to Casablanca roundtrip. The price includes accommodation with breakfast, travel tickets, guides to selected local activities, Whatsapp support, and a 100% COVID-19 refund.
This is the full itinerary of the journey to Morocco, and here’s what travelers can explore:
- London: The journey begins in this city. American travelers can arrive at this fascinating destination, enjoy the London Eye, visit Buckingham Palace, take a selfie with Big Ben, and then take the Eurostar train for two hours to France and let the adventure begin.
- Nîmes: The Eurostar train stops in Paris, and then travelers must continue by train for two more hours to Nîmes, where they get to enjoy beautiful views of the French countryside. This city has impressive Roman monuments and picturesque streets that travelers get to enjoy as they spend a night here.
- Madrid: The next day, it’s time to cross borders and reach Spain. The train stops in Barcelona, and then travelers must continue the journey to Madrid, where they stay for a night and explore the museums and taste delicious Spanish food during the day.
- Cadiz: The port city Cadiz —one of the most budget-friendly cities in Spain— is the next destination. Travelers can explore its fascinating buildings and castles and beautiful historic streets.
- Tangier: From Cadiz, travelers must take a bus to Tarifa for almost two hours and then board the ferry to Tangier and cross the waters for about an hour. At Tangier, visitors can stay for two nights to get the most out of this fascinating city.
- Chefchaouen: the next stop can be reached by bus. At Chefchaouen, tourists get to see the impressive blue buildings and enjoy the rich local culture. Byway recommends staying here for two nights.
- Fez: Just four hours away by bus from Chefchaouen, travelers can visit Fez, where they can stay for three nights to learn more about the impressive Moroccan crafts, spiritual centers, museums, and the fascinating architecture of this 1,200-year-old city.
- Casablanca: The last Moroccan city offers a beautiful skyline, historic buildings, and an impressive cultural mix. Travelers can stay for a night before heading back to London.
For the way back, Byway suggests spending two more nights in Cadiz and one night in Madrid, and another night in Nîmes. The journey includes time to rest and explore in a unique adventure.
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com
Friday 3rd of February 2023
This sounds wonderful! How can I get more information?
Wednesday 1st of February 2023
Nice! Thanks for the tip.