Travelers who purchase the USA Rail Pass will be able to pay less than $40 per route to over 500 destinations
Valentine’s Day offer is gone, but now Amtrak, The National Railroad Passenger Corporation in the United States, is offering a special sale of the USA Rail Pass for only $399 until March 29. The USA Rail Pass allows travelers to spend it on 10 rides to over 500 destinations on Coach Travel.
According to the information shared on the official website, the regular price is $499 and this new promo will allow passengers to save $100, paying less than $40 per segment. The pass will be valid for 120 days after purchase and will last up to 30 days after the first ride traveled.
Travelers interested in this offer can purchase the multi-segment journey ticket on Amtrak until March 29. They have up to 4 months to use it but can start booking right after purchasing to guarantee a coach seat during their trips.
This is a great opportunity for those interested in traveling across the United States during summer or visiting friends and family members soon. Customers can take advantage of this price, especially considering that some segments can cost over $100 per ride. For example, the route from Washington to Atlanta costs $106 in Coach.
A Few Considerations About The USA Rail Pass
There are rules and restrictions that travelers must consider before purchasing the USA Rail Pass. There is a page that explains how this multi-ride pass works, a Q&A section, and the terms and conditions agreement where customers can find all the details up to date.
These are a few of the most relevant considerations:
- Travelers can’t go back and forth between just two destinations: There is a City Pairs limit that specifies that it is “restricted to two roundtrips (four one-way trips) between the same two stations – as well as all intermediate destinations on the route.”
- Route Restrictions: The USA Rail Pass cannot be used on Acela, Auto Train, the Maple Leaf, and the ThruwayBus Series 7000-7999 services. All other services are allowed.
- For Coach Class Only: The offer applies only for coach class, but the transportation company emphasized their comfortable reclining seats, big picture windows, and sufficient legroom.
- Connections count as different segments: If the traveler’s journey involves disembarking and boarding a train to reach a destination, the company will consider two rides of the pass, one per train or scheduled service.
- Group travel is allowed but travelers should consider separate reservations: each customer must purchase their own pass and book separately. Those traveling with children or travelers with a disability can call 1-800-USA-RAIL to get help with the booking after purchasing the passes.
The USA Rail Pass can be purchased through the website or the Amtrak app, and immediately start building and booking their preferred itinerary. Members of the Amtrak Guest Rewards will earn two points per dollar spent on each USA Rail Pass travel.
Travelers must also bear in mind that COVID restrictions apply and that they must stay up to date with the most recent health and safety considerations included in the terms and conditions agreement.
Amtrak’s Updated Service
The transportation corporation has been expanding—adding new routes and incorporating new trains— and modernizing its services during the past few months. Starting in July, Amtrak will connect Burlington to New York City through the Ethan Allen Expressway.
Basic free Wifi service for travelers is also offered in selected trains and stations across the United States and also bicycle space for a low fee —prices go from $10 to $20 per route. The company also updated its pet policy and travelers can bring their dogs and cats for $26 or 800 Amtrak Guest Rewards points.
Besides choosing from 500 destinations, customers can plan their vacations considering Amtrak’s new routes and services to get the most out of the travel experience.
This article originally appeared on Travel Off Path. For the latest breaking news that will affect your next trip, please visit: Traveloffpath.com
↓ Join the community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current travel rules and restrictions can change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories