Avelo Airlines has been rapidly growing within the past few years and wants to offer American travelers an affordable and convenient option for domestic flights. Have you flown Avelo? You should probably check it out!
This airline operates in small hometown airports, offering travelers non-stop flights to popular destinations, in comfortable seats, with tickets starting at just $29! This was one of the carriers that actually thrived during the pandemic and is currently gaining popularity among passengers.
They recently announced their fifth base in the United States and are currently serving 34 destinations. Only three months ago, Avelo Airlines announced its expansion by adding 29 destinations, and in April this year, the carrier celebrated its 1 year anniversary with the inauguration of its third base and 5 new itineraries on the east coast.
Here’s a quick recap of everything you should know about this low-cost airline headquartered in Texas, its services, benefits, and its expansion in the U.S.
A Low-Cost Airline Expanding And Growing In The U.S.
The company was originally founded in 1987 as Casino Express Airlines serving only casino destinations, changed its name in 2005 to Xtra Airways, expanding to other public and private charters services and, after a new purchase in 2018, it rebranded and transformed from a charter airline into a scheduled ultra-low-cost airline in 2019.
Avelo Airlines started to serve passengers on April 28, 2021, with a simple purpose: to Inspire Travel. The company now has 5 bases and serves 34 destinations. These are Avelo’s bases and routes:
- Los Angeles’ Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR): From this base, the carrier offers flights to Boise, Pasco Tri-Cities, Sonoma/Santa Rosa, Eureka/Arcata, Redding, Eugene, and Bend.
- Southern Connecticut’s Tweed-New Haven Airport (HVN): From this base, the carrier offers flights to Charleston, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Myrtle Beach, Nashville, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Sarasota/Bradenton, Savannah, Tampa, Washington, West Palm Beach, and Wilmington.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO): From this base, the carrier offers flights to Binghamton, Dayton, Dubuque, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Lexington, New Heaven, Newport News, Raleigh/Durham, Wilmington, Delaware, and Wilmington, North Carolina.
- Delaware Valley’s Wilmington Airport (ILG): From this base, the carrier offers flights to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa, and West Palm Beach.
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU): From this base—that will officially open in February next year— the carrier will offer flights to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, New Haven, Orlando, Sarasota, Tampa, and West Palm Beach.
Avelo’s fifth base, Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU), was announced just a few days ago. The carrier also operates in other airports—like Las Vegas (LAS) and Palm Springs (PSP)— but does not offer connecting flights, only non-stop services.
What Makes Avelo Airlines Stand Out?
Of course, there are other popular low-cost carriers like Frontier and Spirit and Breeze Airways with which Avelo has been closely competing, but Avelo Airlines wants to stand out and promises special services and perks.
These are a few characteristics of this airline and a few reasons why travelers should consider flying with Avelo Airlines:
- Very cheap tickets starting at $29: Most introductory fares start at this price; if travelers act fast, they can get these ultra-cheap tickets.
- Flight cancelation rate of 1%: Avelo emphasizes being the most reliable airline with that incredibly low cancelation rate and their checked bag handling performance.
- Comfortable space in the cabin: The airplanes offer great seats with comfortable space and possibilities to upgrade service and get seats with extra legroom and window and aisle choices.
- Unpopular routes and airports: Avelo serves the “unserved routes” and small airports, giving travelers unique options in the market and also less crowded terminals and a less stressful experience.
- Soul of Service culture: The carrier highlights its good service towards passengers, and they do have great feedback and reviews on social media channels like Twitter.
Travelers can find more information and details about this Airline on its official website.
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox.
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com