Last Updated 3 weeks ago
Bahamas is now open for tourism and is accepting travelers from all countries under regular visa requirements.
With a recent surge in cases new lockdown measures and COVID-19 entry requirements have come into effect in the Bahamas.
Here is everything you need to know before you book your trip.
Countries Permitted To Visit the Bahamas
Travelers from all countries are permitted to visit the Bahamas under regular visa requirements.
Travel Authorization To Visit Bahamas
- All travelers must fill out a Travel Health Visa before traveling to the Bahamas.
- Ensure you apply with enough time before your trip as applications will take up to 72 hours for approval
- Print and keep the Travel Health Visa on you for presentation to airline and border officials.
COVID-19 Testing Entry Requirements
All travelers must present proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test when completing their Travel Health Visa.
The test result can not be older than 5 days prior to the date of arrival.
Quarantine Entry Requirements
All travelers will be required to quarantine for 14 days. Travelers may quarantine at the following locations in the Bahamas:
- A private residence or rented accommodation (like AirBnB) where the person can quarantine in an unoccupied bedroom with its own connected bathroom.
- A hotel or private club where the person can quarantine in an unoccupied bedroom with its own connected bathroom.
- A private boat
- If the traveler cannot quarantine in any of the above, they will be directed to a Government Mandated Quarantine Facility at their own expense.
COVID-19 Health Requirements While in the Bahamas:
- Visitors will be required to wear face masks in “any situation where it is necessary to enforce physical distancing guidelines.” In addition to airports and sea terminals, travelers must wear masks in taxis, while checking in at hotels, standing in line at attractions and before being seated at restaurants. Failure to comply with the country’s mask guidelines could result in a $200 fine or one month imprisonment.
- National Curfew is in effect. The Bahamas will continue its mandatory curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., so travelers must return to their housing accommodations during that time. Visitors will be allowed to move freely throughout their hotel and resort properties during curfew.
COVID-19 Vaccine Entry Requirements
A vaccine for COVID-19 is not yet available to the public. The Bahamas has not announced if a proof of vaccine record (POVR) will be required for entry.
Bahamas Covid-19 Entry Requirements:
- Apply for a Travel Health Visa
- Upload your negative COVID-19 PCR test to your application for your Travel Health Visa within 5 days of arrival in the Bahamas.
- Quarantine for 14 days upon arrival
- Follow all health protocols while in the Bahamas
Disclaimer: Current Bahamas travel rules can change without notice and being updated constantly. We do our best to keep this article up to date with all the latest information, but the decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories