Located in the heart of the Caribbean, Curaçao welcomes thousands of tourists every year who visit to either sample its wondrous beaches and coves or as part of cruise tours. However, the pandemic has made visiting the island a little trickier than in previous years.
Here are all the latest COVID-19 entry requirements for Curaçao all travelers need to know before booking their trip. This also includes any recent updated made due to the Omicron variant.
Entry Requirements For Countries Permitted to Visit Curaçao For Tourism
COVID-19 Testing Entry Requirements
Travelers entering Curaçao must have a negative PCR test that is not older than 48 hours before departure the flight to Curaçao. This is a requirement for travelers from all countries, apart from the small islands of Saba and St Eustatius.
Negative test results must contain the following information:
- Full name and date of birth of the passenger (as it appears on passport)
- Date and time the test was collected
- The lab where the test was collected
- “COVID-19”, “SARS-CoV-2” or “Coronavirus”
- How the test was taken: “Nasal”, “Nasopharyngeal”, “Mid-turbinate”, “Combined Oral/Nasal”, or “Combined Oral/Nasopharyngeal”, or “Combined Oral/Mid-turbinate” swab and “Anterior Nares”
- Test result: “Negative”
Children under the age of 12 who don’t show symptoms are not required to undergo a test.
Some travelers must also take an antigen test on their third day in the country. A booking reference number will be emailed to travelers after they submit the Passenger Locator Card. Travelers from Curaçao, Kingdom of the Netherlands and Europe who have been fully vaccinated and are in possession of a European Digital Covid Certificate (EU DCC) issued by the government of Curaçao, Kingdom of the Netherlands and European Union are exempt from this requirement, as are travelers who depart within three days or are just transiting.
Quarantine Entry Requirements
Travelers do not need to quarantine on arrival into Curaçao. However, those who test positive for Covid-19 during their time on the island will be placed into isolation at their own expense, so a robust travel insurance policy is recommended.
There is no health form that travelers are required to complete in order to enter Curaçao. However, they must complete a Passenger Locator Card (PLC) 48 hours prior to their departure and carry a printed or digital document of proof with them at all times.
COVID-19 Travel Insurance Entry Requirements
There are no specific travel insurance requirements to enter. However, travelers are asked to ensure their travel insurance offers sufficient coverage for medical care abroad and any additional costs related to COVID-19 as they will be liable for any care needed if they become infected during their trip.
COVID-19 Health Requirements While in Curaçao
There is a curfew on the island between 3AM and 4:30AM. Whilst mask wearing is not compulsory (apart from at airports), travelers are asked to use a face mask if unable to keep their distance in public. There is also the recommendation to practice frequent hand washing and maintain a distance of 2m from others at all times.
COVID-19 Vaccine Entry Requirements
There is no vaccine requirement for entry to Curaçao. However, those who are not vaccinated may find themselves unable to access events with more than 100 people.
Visa Entry Requirements For Curaçao During COVID-19
Many countries do not need visas in order to visit Curaçao. However, all travelers must fill in a Digital Immigration Card online. A full list of countries whose travelers do not need a visa to enter can be found here.
Can Americans Enter Curaçao?
Yes, Americans can enter Curaçao. They do not need a visa to do so.
Curaçao Covid-19 Entry Requirements:
- Complete the digital immigration card online before departure.
- Digitally fill out the Passenger Locator Card (PLC) 48 hours prior to departure and carry a printed or digital document of proof.
- Travelers must show a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR-test taken at most 48 hours before your flight to Curaçao and need to be in possession of printed or digital proof. Travelers are required to upload the negative test results of the COVID-19 PCR-test on dicardcuracao.com before departure.
- All travelers are required to undergo an Antigen test at a local laboratory on the 3rd day in Curaçao.
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com