The American low-cost Airline Frontier has recently announced a 75% discount on round-trip tickets within the United States to celebrate its 28-year anniversary. (But good luck finding the big discount!)
According to the terms and conditions published on the website, those interested in the promotion must purchase tickets quickly, by 11:59 pm —eastern time— on July 7, 2022. To get the discount users must buy the flights through flyfrontier.com and use the promo code BIRTHDAY.
The carrier is also giving away 28 roundtrip tickets to residents in the United States. To participate, users only have to fill in the official form —only full name, zip code, and email are required— before next Wednesday. The contest expires on July 12 at 11:59 pm and also other terms and conditions apply.
Contest winners will get a voucher valid for $250 that can be used to book a Frontier flight, for baggage or assigned seats, but can only be used once. The potential winners will be notified via email in a few days, by July 20, and those who receive the email must reply with acknowledgment within 24 hours.
Both promotions are already running and below are more details that could be helpful. However, the 75% discount can be difficult to get and are not available for international flights like Frontier’s non-stop flights to Jamaica or the new cheap flights to Cancun.
75% Off Using Promo Code
Frontier’s offer sounds too good to be true and it might be just the case. On the official promotion page, the company has stated all the terms and conditions. These are the main considerations to get the 75% discount:
- Applies only for travel on Tuesday and Wednesday on specific dates: between August 9 and October 5 of the current year 2022.
- The promo code BIRTHDAY must be used to get the cost reduction. Third parties are not allowed to use the promo code.
- It must be a roundtrip purchase and it must be made before July 7 at 11:59 pm.
- Valid only for domestic travel.
- Blackout dates are August 31 and September 3, 6, and 7.
- The discount applies only to the base fare. It does not apply to fees or taxes.
- The 75% does not apply to group booking or high-class fares Y, B, and H.
- Route exclusions apply, but the airline hasn’t specified which routes are excluded.
- All reservations are non-refundable and changes or cancellations after 24 hours are subject to fees and fares differential.
- Previous tickets cannot be exchanged for special discounts.
After considering all requirements mentioned above, travelers might still have a hard time finding the mega-ultra-low-cost tickets. Users could constantly get this message:
“Sorry! The promo code that you entered is not valid for your current search. Promo codes often are restricted to certain days of the week and on specific routes. Please check the details of the promo code and adjust your search accordingly.”
If they get the right combination, it is still unclear how the discount system works, cause the results can show only a few cents or a couple of dollars discount from the fare, far from being 75% less. Good luck finding the lucky tickets!
Frontier’s 28 Free Tickets
Frontier’s new giveaway to celebrate its 28th anniversary might be worth a shot. Those interested must also comply with the basic requirements and considerations:
- The contest is open to all US residents except those living in New York and Florida.
- Contestants must fill out the form by next Tuesday, July 12, at 11:59 pm.
- Employees and their immediate families are not allowed to participate.
- Potential winners will be notified by July 20 via email and must reply within 24 hours.
Those interested will find more details available on the official contest page. Best of luck!
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com