India has started reopening its borders as the country agreed to an ‘air travel bubble’ with the Maldives, making it the sixth country in the new air corridor.
Countries Allowed To Travel To India Under Strict Protocols
- United States
- United Kingdom
Travelers Permitted to Enter India Under New Travel Bubble:
The following travelers from the six countries listed above may enter India if they fall into one of the following categories:
- OCI Cardholders (Overseas Citizenship of India)
- Business Travelers
- Medical Tourism
- Employment Purposes
Travelers must apply for a visa at the Indian Embassy in their respective countries before travel.
All international travelers arriving in India must:
- Fill out the self declaration form 72 hours before travel
- Travelers may be exempt from institutional quarantine by submitting a negative RT-PCR test report on arrival. This test should have been conducted within 96 hrs prior to undertaking the journey.
- If a negative PCR test is not presented travelers will face 7 days institutional quarantine at their own cost followed by 7 days home quarantine
Health Protocols on Arrival
- Ensure social distancing at all times
- All passengers will go through thermal screening
- Passengers showing symptoms will be quarantined immediately at a state run facility
Traveling FROM India To Countries In The Air Travel Bubble
All travelers must abide by each country’s quarantine/testing entry requirements.
According to IndiaToday, the following travelers will be permitted into each country:
*Note: Travelers departing from India should check with their Embassy before booking travel to ensure they meet entry requirements
- UK nationals/residents, foreign nationals transiting through the UK or spouses of these persons
- Any Indian national holding any type of valid UK visa and destined for the UK only
- Seamen holding Indian passports
- Those with a valid residence permit for Germany
- Family members of Indian nationals travelling to Germany for purposes of family reunification or for visits for urgent family reasons
- Seasonal workers in agriculture
- Indian nationals permitted to travel abroad as per MHA guidelines & to destinations in EU
- Indian nationals with US Green Cards, Permanent Residency (PR) for Canada, & other countries will be allowed to travel only if the spouse is a citizen of destination country
- Indian seamen subject to clearance from Ministry of Shipping
- Returning Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S.
*Note: The United States never banned Indian citizens from traveling to the country
- Stranded Canadian nationals & residents
- Any Indian national holding any type of valid Canadian visa.
- Seamen of foreign nationalities; seamen holding Indian passports would be allowed subject to clearance from Ministry of Shipping.
Details to be released soon
Note: Some information coming out of India is showing conflicting information. Be sure to check with your embassy to ensure you meet requirements for travel to or from India.
Covid-19 in India
The Covid-19 pandemic is widespread in India resulting in 2,427,066 cases and 47,427 deaths at the time of writing.
Disclaimer: Current world travel rules are changing without notice and being updated constantly. We do our best to keep this article up to date with all the latest information, but the decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse travelling against government advisories