Poland is home to a large number of UNESCO world heritage sites and was quickly growing to become one of the most visited countries in the world prior to the pandemic.
Poland reopened its borders for international visitors in June 2020, but went into lockdown for most of 2021. Now as of mid-May 2021, many things have started reopening once again.
Here are all the latest COVID-19 entry requirements for Poland and everything travelers need to know before booking their trip.
Temporary Restrictions and Updates For Poland 2021
- Poland’s 7-month lockdown ended May 4, 2021
- Hotels reopened May 8, restaurants for outdoor dining on May 14
- Masks are no longer required outdoors as of May 14
- More services will reopen May 29
Countries Permitted To Visit Poland
Travelers from the following EU and third-party countries may visit Poland for tourism:
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
COVID-19 Testing Entry Requirements
All travelers entering Poland will need to provide proof of a negative antigen or PCR test, taken within 48 hours of arrival.
Quarantine Entry Requirements
Travelers coming from the approved countries list are required to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival.
However, travelers who are fully vaccinated, or who show a negative PCR test will be exempt from the quarantine.
COVID-19 Travel Insurance Entry Requirements
All incoming travelers should have travel insurance the covers COVID-19 for the duration of their trip to Poland
COVID-19 Health Requirements While in Poland
All visitors must follow COVID-19 health requirements while in Poland:
- Face masks are required inside public buildings and locations such as churches, cinemas, hair salons, restaurants, shops and public transport.
- Outdoor masks have been removed, but social distancing and a limit of outdoor gatherings in still in effect.
Poland’s Vaccine Entry Requirements
The Polish government has announced that all travelers coming from approved countries who have been vaccinated for Covid-19 will be exempt from the mandatory 10 day quarantine.
Vaccinated travelers will need to present proof of an international certificate of vaccine.
Visa Entry Requirements For Poland During COVID-19
All travelers arriving in Poland will need to follow regular visa requirements.
Travelers that require a visa must apply at a Polish embassy/consulate in their home country before traveling to Poland.
Poland Covid-19 Entry Requirements:
- Check if your country is approved to visit Poland
- Check if your country requires a visa to visit Poland
- Take a test if needed, or show proof of vaccination/recovery
- Follow all health protocols while in Poland
For Breaking Travel Reopening News & Questions, Join Our: Facebook Community
Sources: Government of Poland
Disclaimer: Poland travel rules can change without notice and are being updated constantly. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse travelling against government advisories.
Article originally published September 1, 2020 with updates