Two popular island destinations have recently eased their entry restrictions for international travelers.
The Caribbean nation of St. Kitts and Nevis has removed its travel restrictions for tourists, and the Atlantic island of Bermuda has eased some of its travel restrictions for unvaccinated travelers from this week. We’ve got all the details (including some great things to do and travel deals!) for you below.
St. Kitts and Nevis Scraps All Entry Requirements
Firstly, St. Kitts and Nevis eliminated all Covid-related entry restrictions for international travelers and the Caribbean getaway destination is ready to welcome back tourists.
The only thing that visitors to St. Kitts have to do is fill out and submit the official Online Immigration and Customs ED Form before departure and present the receipt upon arrival at the airport.
To celebrate the reopening for all travelers, the tourism board is offering free nights on a ton of different hotel stays, such as 3 free nights on a 7-day booking.
From resorts stays to boutique, seaside getaways, there are beautiful accommodations to choose from across the islands. Sounds enticing? You can check out their “Sweet Side of Summer” promotion here.
St. Kitts Welcomes Travelers Back: Here’s What To Do
Looking for some travel tips? There’s so much to see and do in St. Kitts and Nevis, including:
Hike Mount Liamuiga: Challenging but worth it, hike up Mount Liamuiga for some of the best views. On this dormant volcano you’ll pass waterfalls and be amongst the gorgeous rainforest. Tourists can even take a guided tour and go wildlife spotting.
Visit Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park: Pay a visit this historic spot and UNESCO World Heritage Site built during the 17th century.
Snorkeling: Watch the marine life in their natural habitat by going on a little snorkeling excursion at Dieppe Bay Beach, a black sand beach that’s perfect for floating in the water and admiring the local fauna.
Railway Tour: Located on St. Kitts, you can travel on the old sugar train to get a unique view of the island while enjoying local sugar cakes, unlimited drinks, and traditional songs being played on board.
Bermuda Removes Exception Form Requirement For Unvaccinated Travelers
As of August 22, 2022, officials in Bermuda have updated the requirements for all unvaccinated travelers entering the country.
Back in March, unvaccinated persons were officially banned from entering the country for leisure travel purposes. In some cases, unvaccinated travelers could show official proof of a medical exemption to visit the country and had to apply for travelers exception at least 10 days prior to travel.
Now, that is all scraped. Here’s the latest travel requirements for Bermuda:
- Unvaccinated travelers can follow similar guidance as all travelers to Bermuda, which is to show proof of a negative pre-departure Covid test.
- All travelers to Bermuda must have travel medical insurance coverage for their trip.
- Fully vaccinated travelers can either take a NAAT test no later than 4 days before arrival or a (supervised) Covid antigen test 2 days from arrival.
- Unvaccinated travelers will now have the option to show either a NAAT or an antigen test result, both no later than 2 days from arrival to Bermuda.
- All international arrivals to Bermuda over the age of 2 must apply for travel authorization and be approved for travel.
- You can get all the details on Bermuda’s official government page here.
Top Things To Do In Bermuda – Information For Travelers
From gorgeous beaches to historic and cultural attractions, here are some of the top things to do on your next trip to Bermuda:
- Visit Alexandra Battery on St. George’s Island: If you find yourself on St. George, head to the impressive historical site of Alexandra Battery that dates back to the 19th century.
- Glow Worm Tour: After dark, travelers in Bermuda can have the chance to see this incredible site. The season for the glow worms to come into view is from around June-October. Check with a tour agency to book an experience.
- Chill out Tobacco Bay Beach: Who doesn’t come to Bermuda for the beaches? The island has so many gorgeous sandy beaches and bays to explore. One great option is Tobacco Bay Beach, where you can go on snorkeling and paddle board adventures during the day before chilling out with some local food and drink at a beach bonfire.
Travel Insurance That Covers Covid-19 For 2022
Top European Destinations Where Americans Are Traveling This Fall
JetBlue Announces New Cheap Flights Starting At $39
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox.
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com