Whilst Covid-19 has brought about uncertainty to the travel experience, visiting the US is still the same unforgettable experience for travelers that it has always been. Whether visiting the Big Apple, the beaches of California or taking in the beauty of the country’s diverse natural landscapes, the US truly does have something for everyone. Here are all the latest 2022 COVID-19 entry requirements for the US all travelers need to know before booking their trip.
Entry Requirements For Countries Permitted to Visit US For Tourism
COVID-19 Testing Entry Requirements
All travelers aged 2 or above must show proof of a negative Covid-19 test result taken within one day of the flight’s departure to the United States before boarding. These tests must be viral tests, which include rapid antigen tests, viral antigen tests and RT-PCR tests.
Test certificates must include:
- Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)
- Entity issuing the result (e.g., laboratory, healthcare entity, or telehealth service)
- Sample collection date
- Information that identifies the person (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number)
- Test result
Travelers who have recently recovered from Covid-19 may instead travel with documentation of recovery.
U.S. COVID-19 Vaccine Entry Requirements
If travelers are not citizens of the US, they must be fully vaccinated in order to enter, with unvaccinated non-citizens currently unable to enter. Travelers must provide proof of their vaccination in order to enter, which can be in the form of a digital pass with a QR code, a copy of their vaccination record or digital photos of their vaccination record or certificate. Each form of proof must have:
- Personal identifiers (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number) that match the personal identifiers on the passenger’s passport or other travel documents
- Name of official source issuing the record (e.g., public health agency, government agency, or other authorized vaccine provider)
- Vaccine manufacturer and date(s) of vaccination
Quarantine Entry Requirements
There is no mandatory quarantine requirement for travelers flying to the US.
There is no health form requirement for travel to the US.
COVID-19 Travel Insurance Entry Requirements
There is no mandatory travel insurance requirement needed to enter the US. However, it is recommended that all travelers purchase a solid travel insurance policy that coves Codi and Omicron prior to starting their journey to any destination.
COVID-19 Health Requirements While in US
Wearing a mask over the nose and mouth is required in indoor areas of public transportation and in US transportation hubs. Due to the federal system of the US, states are free to implement their own Covid-19 related health requirements, which can vary significantly from place to place. Travelers should ensure they research the requirements of the destinations they visit in the US to ensure they are following the rules and regulations.
Visa Entry Requirements For U.S. During COVID-19
Typical pre-pandemic visa requirements are in effect for travel to the US, with Visa Waiver Program travelers needing a valid, approved Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) for travel.
US Covid-19 Entry Requirements:
- Travelers must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- A Covid-19 test must be taken no more than one day before travel
- Travelers must ensure they have their visas ready if required
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com