This post may have affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you!) if you choose to purchase through them. Here's our Disclosure & Privacy Policy for more info.
Spread the love


Two British sisters were found dead in a bathroom from a suspected gas leak in Pakistan.

Maria, 24, and Nadia Rehman, 17, were discovered collapsed on the floor at a home in Murpur, in the western province of Gujrat.

Medics dashed them to hospital in critical condition but the siblings from Preston, Lancs., could not be saved on January 12.

Maria and Nadia were travelling with parents Abdul and Zarina Rehman for the anniversary of their grandfather’s funeral. The couple are still in Pakistan as local authorities probe the deaths.

The deaths of Maria (pictured) and Nadia Rehman have left their family in Preston devastated
The deaths of Maria (pictured) and Nadia Rehman have left their family in Preston devastated (Credit: Instagram)

Local media claims the parents are not considering legal action as they have “accepted the deaths as an accident”.

Yesterday relatives at the family home in Preston were too upset to talk but Abdul’s first wife Sheila Rehman, 72, who is stepmum to the girls, hit out at rumours over the deaths.

"We know exactly what happened, it was a gas leak."

Sheila Rehman

Some have claimed Maria and Nadia were killed as an honour killing but Sheila told The Sun: “We know exactly what happened, it was a gas leak.

“There have been rumours across Facebook that are not true.

“My children are their sisters, we are all just deeply shocked and very sad. I don’t want to talk about it.”

Maria, 24, (left) and Nadia Rehman, 17, from Preston, were discovered collapsed on the floor at a home in Murpur, in the western province of Gujrat (Credit: Instagram)

One of her neighbours in Tinsley, Sheffield, told The Sun: “Sheila’s daughter Roxanna told us what had happened.

“She said Maria and Nadia had died, but it wasn’t clear how they died.

“We were all shocked, we knew the girls. It’s terrible.”

A post-mortem is due to take place and local authorities are probing the deaths.

It comes after a 16-year-old girl in Mumbai died from carbon monoxide poisoning that was caused by a gas geyser fitted in a bathroom on Thursday.

Source: The Sun

Have a travel related news story you want us to cover? Contact us

Follow us on Facebook below or all the latest travel news



Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •