Have you been searching for the best flight prices for your summer vacations? The American online travel giant Expedia has been analyzing recent data on their web search and discovered that US travelers have been planning their summer vacations even before spring break and Easter vacations.
According to the information shared by Expedia in a press release, there has been a recent spike in interest in these top destinations for the months of June, July, and August:
- Singapore: searches increased by 60%
- Houston: searches increased by 55%
- Bali: searches increased by 35%
- Washington D.C: searches increased by 35%
The results show that travelers are interested in near locations as well as more exotic places. Considering that there is a high demand for travel this year, Expedia has published a cheat sheet with tips and relevant data to help travelers get the cheapest fares and get the most out of their summer vacations.
Christie Hudson, Senior Public Relations Manager for Expedia, said: “People are ready to make their summer vacations happen no matter what”. The manager also added: “With many travel restrictions easing over the past month, travelers have been inspired to dust off their bucket lists and get a jumpstart on planning. Prices are already reflecting that pent-up demand, so timing is going to be key for getting the best deal.”
The travel company has published the most popular destinations for summer 2022, the best times to travel to get cheaper prices, a list of places tourists can visit for less than $350 roundtrip, and valuable tips for booking.
Trending Destinations For Summer 2022
Based on spikes in flight searches, Expedia shared the summer hotspots classified in three categories:
- Beach destinations: US travelers are interested in Bali, Maldives, Santorini, Los Angeles, and Bar Harbor. Some of these destinations have eased entry restrictions: Maldives removed entry requirements and Bali recently reopened visas.
- Top US Cities: vibrant cities such as Chicago, Houston, Washington DC, Austin, and New York City are on American travelers’ minds. Now that low-cost airlines like Breeze Airways are offering new cheap flights for less than $50 to main cities in the US, many passengers are planning new trips.
- Adventures Abroad: people in need to explore new lands and cultures have been searching for Singapore, Stockholm, Ontario, Berlin, and Dubai. Some of these destinations have facilitated US travelers’ entry. Just weeks ago, Singapore eased entry requirements, and Dubai removed testing for vaccinated travelers.
Best Times to Travel and destinations under $350
Expedia also analyzed prices for the summer season and shared a few conclusions. The cheapest month to fly is August, with nearly 10% lower ticket prices compared to June and July.
Those looking for cheap tickets can avoid July 1st, since the travel company disclosed that this is the most expensive day to fly, prior to the 4th of July holiday. Prices are 25% higher than the average summer months during those days.
Regarding destinations with roundtrip tickets under $350, Expedia shared an interest list. The top destinations travelers can visit for less than that amount in the United States and Canada are Fort Lauderdale, Toronto, Tampa, San, Antonio, Houston, Austin, Providence, Myrtle Beach, Kelowna, Nashville, New Orleans, and Charleston.
One of the main recommendations the travel brand gives customers is: “Book early and book smart”. This advice may sound simple, but considering many factors —personal and even pandemic related (it is hard to predict with so many travel restrictions changing)— travelers are waiting to book their next airplane tickets and will probably pay more.
Expedia recommends its users apply “free cancellation” filters when searching and avoid buying saver fares or restrictive basic economy tickets. The travel company also encourages travelers to consider flexible dates, choose weekdays over weekends and avoid holidays to save more money.
Booking flights, hotels, and car rentals —bundle promotions— might also help save a few dollars, as well as considering memberships and loyalty programs.
↓ Join the community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current travel rules and restrictions can change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories