Last Updated 1 month ago
Anguilla has announced it will reopen its borders for international tourism starting on August 21, 2020.
Quincia Gumbs-Marie, Parliamentary Secretary for Tourism announced the reopening at a press conference hosted by the Premier Ellis Webster on Thursday.
“Anguilla is currently COVID-19 free, so our objective has always been to reopen in a prudent way, taking every precaution to protect the health and safety of our residents and our guests,” stated Ms. Gumbs-Marie. “We have witnessed the developments on some of our neighboring islands, and we have therefore established very strict protocols, grounded in our ability to contain and mitigate the risks of an imported case,” she continued.
Strict Covid-19 testing will be in effect. Here is everything you need to know about traveling to Anguilla.
All countries will be allowed to visit Anguilla under normal visa entry rules if they are granted the ‘travel authorization ticket' by applying on the official tourism website.
Online Travel Authorization Ticket
Before traveling to Anguilla all visitors must be granted pre-approval. Here are steps visitors must take to get travel authorization.
- Apply for Travel Authorization on the Official Anguilla Website which will officially launch on August 21, 2020.
- Fill out the application for intended dates of travel
- Submit a negative PCR test, taken within three to five days prior to arrival
- Submit a travel insurance policy that covers medical costs including Covid-19 coverage.
- Once the application is approved a travel authorization ticket will be issued.
- All travelers will be given a PCR test again upon arrival.
- Travelers will then be restricted to their villa/accommodation and its amenities for a period of 10 days.
- Travelers will be given another PCR test after the 10 day period. If at that time they are still negative they will be able to explore the island.
- If at any time a visitor tests positive for Covid-19 they will be isolated at a government approved location.
Additional Travel Requirements
- Visitors must stay at approved accommodations which will be listed on the official website as of August 21.
- Visitors will not be permitted to use rental vehicles during the day 10 day restricted period
- There is no minimum stay requirement
- Visitors from low-risk countries will be given first priority for travel authorization
- Masks are not mandatory but social distancing is in effect
- For the first 10 days visitors must stay at their approved accommodation and its amenities.
- If a visitor tests positive, they will be transferred to a government approved quarantine facility.
Covid-19 In Anguilla
There have only been three confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Anguilla and the island has been Covid free for the last 4 months.
Where To Apply For Travel Authorization
Disclaimer: Current world travel rules are changing without notice and being updated constantly. We do our best to keep this article up to date with all the latest information, but the decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse travelling against government advisories