Belize is now open for international tourists after shutting down its borders due to the COVID-19 pandemic back in March.
Here are all the latest COVID-19 entry requirements and everything travelers need to know before booking their trip to Belize.
Countries Permitted To Visit Belize
Travelers from all countries are permitted to visit Belize under regular visa requirements.
COVID-19 Testing Entry Requirements
Travelers have two options
- Take a COVID PCR test in your home country within 72 hours of travel. This will put you in the fast track lane at the airport.
2. If Passengers cannot bring a negative PCR test, one will be performed at the airport at the travelers own cost ($50 USD) and passengers must isolate at hotel until results are ready.
Quarantine Entry Requirements
There are no mandatory quarantine for travelers arriving in Belize if they present a negative COVID-19 test.
If a traveler tests positive upon arrival or refuses to take a test they will be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days.
‘Gold Standard' Accomodation Requirements
COVID-19 Travel Insurance Entry Requirements
COVID-19 Health Requirements While in Belize
All visitors must follow COVID-19 health requirements while in Belize:
- Mandatory use of face masks in public spaces
- Enforcement of social distancing measures in public spaces such as restaurants, bars, grocery stores, retail stores, etc
COVID-19 Vaccine Entry Requirements
A vaccine for COVID-19 is not yet available to the public. Belize has not announced any mandates on if a proof of vaccine record (POVR) will be required for entry.
Visa Entry Requirements For Belize During COVID-19
All travelers arriving in Belize will need to follow regular visa requirements.
The below countries do not need a visa to enter Belize.
Travelers that require a visa must apply at a Belize embassy/consulate/agency in their home country before travel.
Belize Covid-19 Entry Requirements:
- Download the Belize Health App
- Check if you need a visa to enter Belize
- Book ‘Gold Standard' hotel accommodations
- Get proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test no older than 72 hours before departure OR get testing at the airport but expect delays.
- Follow all mask and social distancing requirements
Subscribe to our Latest Posts
Originally published Nov 6th, 2020
Disclaimer: Current travel rules and restrictions can change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories