Bermuda, an island nation only a 2.5-hour flight from New York, is allowing tourists back to its beaches, however with some of the strictest testing rules we’ve seen.
While Bermuda is often thought of when day-dreaming of vacationing in the Caribbean, it’s actually located off the Carolina’s in the Atlantic Ocean all by itself.
This guide goes over all the latest COVID-19 entry requirements for Bermuda and everything travelers need to know before visiting.
Countries Allowed To Visit Bermuda
Bermuda is allowing all countries to visit under normal visa rules.
Travel Authorization To Visit Bermuda
Every passenger to Bermuda will have to fill out an online Travel Authorization Form between 1 to 3 days before boarding their departing flight.
There is also a $75 fee collected when this form is filled out, which covers an on-island test that will be done on arrival. (More about that below)
Bermuda’s COVID-19 Testing Entry Requirements
Bermuda is serious about testing travelers multiple times to ensure the safe return of tourism to its shores.
The 1st PCR test must be performed no longer than 4 days before arriving in Bermuda. The negative result needs to be loaded onto the online travel authorization form we mentioned above. A copy of negative results (paper or digital) must also be shown to customs upon arrival.
*Travelers coming from NYC can use OpenClear’s expedited testing service to get results in time.
*U.S. based travelers can also get a test through Costco
A 2nd PCR test will be done at the airport upon arrival. The cost of this test is included in the online travel authorization form.
Once the test has been performed, tourists will have to go directly to their accommodation and quarantine until the results are ready. (around 24 hours)
3rd and 4th Test:
A 3rd test will be performed on Day 4 of the trip, and a 4th test on Day 10. These tests are pre-booked for you on arrival.
*Children under 10 are exempt from testing.
Vaccination Rules For Bermuda
Bermuda is making visiting slightly easier for vaccinated passengers.
Vaccinated: Will receive a red wristband upon arrival, which they must wear until the negative results are received from the Day 4 test.
Unvaccinated: Will receive a wristband to wear for the entire 14-day quarantine.
COVID-19 Travel Insurance Entry Requirements
Bermuda’s government sites states all visitors should have travel insurance the covers COVID-19 for the duration of their vacation.
While it’s not required for entry, it is possible to go without, but their site clearly states: “Acquire health insurance covering illness and injury outside of your home jurisdiction, including those related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis while in Bermuda. If this is not obtained, a visitor will be responsible for all health and accommodation costs should they require treatment and/or quarantine, including costs related to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis in Bermuda.”
COVID-19 Health Requirements While in Bermuda
There are some unique entries we haven’t seen for many other countries’ requirements, so pay attention here.
All visitors must follow COVID-19 health requirements while in Bermuda:
- All visitors must pack a thermometer. This will be used to take temperatures of each traveler 2x’s daily, and upload the temperatures onto an online portal while in Bermuda for the first 14 days or the length of the vacation.
- Face masks in the departing country’s airport, the airplane, and the airport in Bermuda is mandatory.
- Practise physical distancing, hygiene, and mask-wearing in all public spaces where there is close contact with others, including on all public transport (taxis, ferries and buses)
- If a traveler becomes positive during their stay, they will be quarantined for 14 days at their cost and will also be fitted with an Aqua electronic bracelet to assist with isolation/quarantine.
Visa Entry Requirements For Bermuda During COVID-19
Bermuda doesn’t require a Visa from the 3 countries who make up 90% of the visitors – The USA, Canada and the UK.
Those 3 nations also offer direct flights into Bermuda.
Visitors who want to stay long term to live and work can now apply for Bermuda’s Digital Nomad / Remote Work Visa
Hotels Reopen in Bermuda:
Most hotels and resorts have reopened. Some include:
- Azura Bermuda
- Aunt Nea’s Inn Open
- Blue Horizons Guest House
- Coco Reef Resort
- Coral Beach Club
- Edgehill Manor Guest House
- Fourways Inn
- Greenbank Guest House
- Little Pomander Guest House
- Newstead Belmont Hills Resort
- Paraquet Apartments
- Rosemont Guest Suites
- Rosewood Bermuda
- Royal Palms Hotel
- The Sandpiper Guest Apartments
- The Loren Hotel
- The Reefs Resort & Club
- Hamilton Princess & Beach Club
- Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort
- Valley Cottages
A few hotels/resorts that will not open until 2021 include:
- Elbow Beach
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Bermudiana Beach Resort
- Garden House
- Rosedon Hotel
- Regis Bermuda
- Willowbank Resort
- Fairmont Southampton
Bermuda’s Covid-19 Entry Requirement Summary:
- Get a PCR test up to 4 Days before arriving into Bermuda
- Fill out the online travel authorization form 1-3 days before arrivals into Bermuda and upload negative test results
- Get tested on arrival
- Isolate for 12-24 hours at accommodation while waiting for test reuslts
- Follow all health protocols while in Bermuda, including 2x’s daily temperature checks
- Take another PCR test on day 4 and 10 of trip.
Disclaimer: Current travel rules and restrictions can change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories