You can start dreaming up and planning your next adventure, we’ve put together a list of the cheapest flights from the U.S. to South American destinations this winter. With more countries dropping their entry requirements, visiting some of your favorite destinations in South America hasn’t been more accessible compared to the past few years.
Whether you are looking to take a two-week workcation in bustling Medellin or check something off your travel bucket list (Machu Picchu for January 2023?!), there’s a travel deal from the States for you.
Cheapest Flights From The U.S. To South America: Colombia
Colombia is one of the cheapest countries in South America to fly to from the U.S. Big cities like Cartagena and Medellin are not only popular with travelers from the U.S., Canada, and Europe, but there are a ton of cheap direct flight options from major cities in North America. Here are some of the best cheapies that we were able to find to Colombia:
- Cartagena: Direct flights around $129 one-way departing from Fort Lauderdale and New York. Connections from D.C., Miami, Atlanta, Austin, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, and Cleveland are available for less than $200 one-way.
- Medellin: Nonstop flights for less than $100 one-way from Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Connections are available for around $200 one-way from New York, Boston, Atlanta, Orlando, Houston, and Charlotte.
- Bogota: Direct flights are currently available from Miami at $118 one-way. Connections are available from D.C., Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Las Vegas, Orlando, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Columbus OH, Seattle, Tampa, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Dallas for approximately $200 one-way.
Cheapest Flights From The U.S. To Brazil
The anticipation for Carnivale will be in the air and the weather never better, making winter the best time to head to Brazil for their summer season. Here are the top flight deals from the U.S. to cities across Brazil:
- Sao Paulo: Connecting flights from Boston, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Miami, and Fort Lauderdale starting at less than $350 one-way.
- Porto Alegre: Flight connections are available from New York starting at $149 one-way. Flights from Houston, Miami, Los Angeles, and San Francisco for less than $261 one-way.
- Rio de Janeiro: Connections from Boston, Washington D.C., Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. While flight prices will vary according to the departure city, some flight prices start at $315 one-way.
Cheapest Flights From The U.S. To Peru
Machu Picchu, one of South America’s most exemplary tourist attractions, is back up and running, and travelers just can’t get enough, yet again. If you’re looking to finally check the Inca Trail off your travel bucket list this year or just head on over to Peru to see if their ceviche is truly the world’s best, here are some of the cheapest flight prices from the U.S.:
- Lima: Flight connections from Miami, Los Angeles, New York, San Jose CA, Fort Lauderdale, and Chicago. Prices start at less than $150 one way from Miami and $217 one way from Chicago.
- Cuzco: Flight prices start at $260 one-way from Miami, $288 one-way from Boston, and $329 one way from Los Angeles.
Cheapest Flights To Argentina
Whether you want to explore the epic sights in Buenos Aires on a beautiful South American summer’s day or lace up your hiking shoes and explore the wonders of Patagonia, there’s a flight deal to Argentina for you. Here are the best travel deals from the U.S. for January 2023:
Buenos Aires: Flights from Los Angeles starting at $357 one-way, Washington D.C. for $363 one-way, Houston for $366 one-way, and Boston at $369 one-way.
Cheap Flights To Ecuador From The U.S.
From oceanfront views in Guayaquil to cultural attractions in Cuenca and Quito, what’s not to love about Ecuador? Here are the cheapest flights to Ecuador from the U.S.:
- Guayaquil: Direct flights from Fort Lauderdale from $119 one-way. Flight connections from New York, Miami, Los Angeles, and New Orleans for less than $200 one-way.
- Quito: Flight connections are available from Boston, Miami, New York, and Fort Lauderdale for less than $200 one-way.
- Cuenca: Cheapest flight connection from New York starting at $256 one-way.
Cheap Flights To Bolivia From The U.S.
Sunny Santa Cruz or lovely La Paz (or both?!), take your pick.
- Santa Cruz: Flight connections from Miami, Washington D.C., and New York for less than $300 one-way.
- La Paz: Connections are available from Miami starting at $288 one-way.
As always, make sure to check the travel restrictions for Latin America before your trip.
Cheap Flights To Chile From The U.S.
Chile removed its Covid-related entry requirements this past April, making this South American country open and ready to be explored.
Flight deals to the capital city of Santiago are available starting at $252 one-way from Sacramento, CA.
Burbank: $259 one-way. Miami: $261 one-way. Seattle: $299 one-way.
Travel Insurance That Covers Covid-19 For 2022
10 Alternatives To Cancun For Your Winter Vacation This Year
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox.
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com
Friday 30th of September 2022
Most of these "cheap" flights are on Spirit, Avianca or Copa. Great prices but two big issues
1. 99% of the issue - The will change/delay the flights without warning. Our 8 hour flight to Lima was rescheduled for 23 hours through San Salvador, Bogota. The return was even worse. Lima -> Bogota -> Costa Rica -> Miami -> DFW.
2. These are credit card and passport ONLY flights. Our above booking went from 800 to 1500 by the time we added luggage and carry on across all the connections.
Lesson learnt. Never again.
Thursday 29th of September 2022
South America is well worth the trip