Southwest Airlines announced that the airline will add new routes to their flight schedule beginning in early 2022. The airline is expanding their routes and service for popular leisure and business destinations both domestic and international. The new routes include new flights in the United States, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Southwest Airlines Launches New Routes For 2022
Southwest Airlines Vice President Dave Harvey commented, “ As we continue to strengthen our network in Austin, customers will see more flights on key routes as well as new destinations across our map, while enjoying Southwest’s world-famous hospitality.”
New Southwest Airlines Domestic Routes
Below is a list of new US destinations that Southwest Airlines will offer service beginning in 2022. All flights depart from Austin, Texas to the following domestic destinations:
- Amarillo and Midland/Odessa, Texas beginning March 10, 2022
- Charleston, South Carolina beginning March 10, 2022
- Columbus, Ohio beginning March 10, 2022
- Ontario, California beginning March 10, 2022
- Sarasota/Brandenton and Destin/Fort Walton Beach in Florida beginning March 10, 2022
- Austin, Texas to Panama City, Florida beginning March 12, 2022
New Southwest Airlines International Service Coming in 2022
Southwest Airlines will also be add new international destinations in 2022:
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic beginning February 17, 2022
- Denver, Colorado to Cozumel, Mexico beginning March 12, 2022
- Austin, Texas to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico beginning March 12, 2022
Increased Service on Southwest Flights in 2022
In addition to the new routes, Southwest Airlines is also increasing service to 46 destinations with up to 105 departures a day from Austin, beginning March 10, 2022.
Hawaii bound travelers will also have more flight options beginning in February 2022. Passengers will have additional connection options with increased service on already established routes from San Diego, Sacramento, San Jose, and Phoenix.
The new destinations and increased service flights are now available to book on Southwest Airlines website. Travelers can book on the new flight schedule through April 24, 2022. This gives travelers time to plan and book early 2022 travel.
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com