Breeze Airways is set to launch its first flights to New York, along with several other new routes, as it looks to expand its overall destination offerings. The new airline, which launched just last year at the height of the pandemic at a time when other airlines were struggling to stay afloat, made the announcement of its new routes just yesterday, with the first additions to its flight roster set to start in just a few weeks.
In announcing the new routes that it will be serving, Breeze looks to be continuing on with its mantra of serving destinations that are often overlooked by other, more established airlines in the US.
Here’s a closer look at all of the new routes that the airline has added, including which aircraft will serve the routes, how much travelers can expect to pay and how often the flight frequencies will be.
Breeze Launches New Routes – Information For Travelers
A newcomer to the US aviation industry, Breeze Airways began its operations in May 2021, and has grown on a rapid trajectory ever since. Since launching, the airline has added new, low-cost flights across the country on several occasions, firmly establishing itself as a good option for travelers in the US and rubbing shoulders with other larger airlines. This week, Breeze has announced several more new routes, showing that the sky’s the limit for the plucky airline.
Most of Breeze’s new routes that were revealed this week are from Westchester County Airport in White Plains, New York. Located just 30 miles north of Manhattan, Westchester County Airport offers travelers based in and around New York a convenient and accessible airport to fly from, with commutes to larger airports such as JFK or Newark often proving a chore for travelers to get to and fly from.
Here are the new flights Breeze is set to launch:
- Between Westchester and Charleston, South Carolina. Daily service starting June 28th from $79
- Between Westchester and Norfolk, Virginia. Flights on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays starting June 30th from $49
- Between Westchester and Jacksonville, Florida. Flights on Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays starting June 30th from $79
- Between Westchester and Los Angeles, California. Daily service starting September 7th from $149
- Between Westchester and Las Vegas, Nevada. Daily service starting September 8th from $149
- Between Westchester and Savannah, Georgia. Flights on Mondays and Friday starting September 9th, from $79
- Between Westchester and San Francisco, California. Daily service starting November 2nd, from $149
- Between Hartford, Connecticut and Las Vegas, Nevada. Flights on Wednesdays and Saturdays from November 7th, from $149
- Between New Orleans, Louisiana and Savannah, Georgia. Flights on Mondays and Fridays starting September 9th, from $59
This year is set to be big for the airline as they continue to establish themselves in the market. Not only is their total number of routes expected to nearly double throughout the year, but the total number of aircraft in their fleet is expected to rise from 13 to 30, opening up the possibilities for further route expansions in the future.
What makes Breeze different from other airlines?
Breeze is trying to keep things super flexible for passengers, allowing cancellations or rebooking up to 15 minutes before takeoff, without any penalties.
They’re also planning to keep their booking app as easy and straightforward as possible, to make it faster to make bookings and easier to understand the level of service customers are receiving.
Most of the flights will be on state of the art Airbus A220-300 aircraft, which will be split between 80 “Nice” class seats, 10 “Nicer” class extra legroom seats and 36 “Nicest” first-class seats. Breeze has placed a significant order for 80 of the aircraft, with one delivery expected per month that will see them with 13 A220-300s by the end of the year. Those new flights that won’t be serviced by the A220 will see Embraer jets used instead.
This article originally appeared on Travel Off Path. For the latest breaking news that will affect your next trip, please visit: Traveloffpath.com
↓ Join the community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current travel rules and restrictions can change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories