Disney’s magic does not expire and new spells have recently been added to the cruise and park’s experiences. The Walt Disney Company recently organized the D23 Expo 2022, a fan event that took place in California as part of the 100 years anniversary that will be celebrated in 2023.
At the event, a pile of news about upcoming experiences, and attractions were announced for Disney parks and cruises.
In a press release, the company confirmed the most important changes and updates at parks and cruises. “There’s no limits to where we are going,” said Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro and added: “When I look back over our first 100 years, what jumps out at me is how we are just constantly reinventing ourselves, telling new stories for brand-new generations. You all know this: We need those stories more than ever. And that’s a lesson we take straight from Walt. He believed in the power of storytelling.”
More stories and events are coming soon! D’Amaro, along with executive producers, directors and chiefs shared valuable information for fans and future park and cruise guests. Here’s what travelers should know:
Coming Soon to Disney In California
Disney’s parks in California will have new characters, events, expansions, and transformations.
- The Mandalorian and Grogu will entertain guests in the themed area Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge starting in mid-November.
- The Avengers Campus will expand and the character Incredible Hulk will also make an appearance—for a limited time— beginning next week. The villain Thanos will also have a special multiverse variant on the campus.
- The Pacific Wharf area will be transformed and adapted from the film Big Hero 6.
- In early 2023, Minnie and Mickey’s experience will also change, and will celebrate their past in a cartoon world.
- The Paradise Pier Hotel will be transformed into a Pixar Place Hotel, and in the Downtown Disney District, new locations will open.
- runDisney races will come back in 2024 for the first time since 2017.
Coming Soon to Disney World In Orlando
EPCOT will have major changes, Magic Kingdom will have new features and new attractions will arrive:
- In late 2023 the transformation of the World Celebration neighborhood will be completed.
- The attraction Journey of Water based on the movie Moana will open its doors in late 2023.
- In Magic Kingdom, the ride TRON / Lightcycle Run will start running in spring next year.
- The song “Happily Ever After” will play again at Cinderella Castle in 2023.
- Also next year, Haunted Mansion, the Hatbox Ghost will be ready.
Disney Parks In The US And The World
There are major changes coming to Disney parks across the world, these are the main updates:
- The new attraction Tiana’s Bayou Adventure based on The Princess and the Frog movie will open at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort in late 2024.
- The World of Frozen attraction is coming soon to international parks. Hong Kong Disneyland will be the first location to have it ready by the second half of 2023. In Disneyland Paris, it will include a lakeside promenade. In Tokyo, Frozen will be part of the Fantasy Springs expansion at Tokyo DisneySea.
- Disneyland Paris will have a new Tangled-themed attraction.
- Tokyo Disney Resort will begin a Space Mountain transformation that will be ready by 2027.
About Disney’s New Cruise
A few months ago, Disney announced the incorporation of a new cruise ship and its main features, and now more details have been provided:
- The new cruise ship’s name is Disney Treasure and will sail in 2024.
- It will celebrate Walt Disney’s lifelong love of exploration.
- The Grand Hall has been inspired by Asia and Africa influences, and the signature statue will feature Aladdin, Jasmine, and their Magic Carpet.
- In October 2023, or a limited time—and for the first time— Disney Cruise Line will stop in Australia and New Zealand.
- The Disney Wonder cruise will visit the South Pacific and include destinations like Fiji and Samoa.
- The new island in the Bahamas at Lighthouse Point will be powered with solar energy and will offer unique experiences for Disney Cruise Line guests.
↓ Join Our Community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox.
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com