Netherlands is one of the most visited countries in the world receiving over 17 million annual visitors prior to the pandemic.
The country is now looking to revitalize its tourism sector after being decimated by the coronavirus.
Below are all the latest COVID-19 entry requirements for the Netherlands and everything you need to know before booking your trip.
Update: The Netherlands has entered into a lockdown from December 15 lasting until at least February 2021 that will greatly affect your trip.
On January 23, 2021 flights from certain countries are temporarily banned
Countries Permitted To Visit The Netherlands
The following countries are permitted to enter the Netherlands:
Accurate as of January 15
- All EU Countries
- San Marino
- Vatican City
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Netherlands Health Declaration Form
All travelers arriving by air in the Netherlands must carry a completed Health Declaration Form and have it ready to show on request during your journey. You may be required to present the form before boarding, while on the plane and upon arrival.
COVID-19 Testing Entry Requirements
Effective December 28 2020, ALL passengers entering or transiting The Netherlands must have proof of a negative PCR test, taken no longer than 72 hours prior to boarding.
Effective January 23, 2021 ALL passengers entering will also need to show proof of a rapid antigen test, taken no more than 4 hours before boarding the flight.
Quarantine Entry Requirements
According to the Netherlands government, all travelers arriving from the following areas ‘should’ self-quarantine for 10 days upon arrival.
You should self-quarantine if you’re travelling from:
- Czech Republic
- Finland: Päijät-Häme and Helsinki-Uusimaa region, including the cities of Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa
- Ireland: counties of Dublin, Donegal, Limerick and Louth
- Norway: City of Oslo and the county of Viken
- San Marino
- Spain: except the Canary Islands
- United Kingdom
COVID-19 Health Requirements While in the Netherlands
All visitors must follow COVID-19 health requirements while in the Netherlands:
- Wear a mask
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 metres (approx. 2 arm’s lengths) from other people.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Don’t shake hands with others.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Avoid busy places. Leave if you notice it is becoming difficult to keep a distance of 1.5 metres.
COVID-19 Vaccine Entry Requirements
The Netherlands has not announced if a proof of vaccine record for entry will be mandatory in the future.
Visa Entry Requirements For Netherlands During COVID-19
All travelers arriving in the Netherlands will need to follow regular visa requirements.
Use this government tool to find out if you need a visa before traveling to the Netherlands.
Travelers that require a visa must apply at the Netherlands embassy/consulate in their home country.
Netherlands Covid-19 Entry Requirements:
- Complete and carry the Netherlands Health Declaration form
- Ensure your country is permitted to visit the Netherlands for tourism
- Check if you need a visa to visit the Netherlands
- Check recommended quarantines for traveling from certain regions
- Follow all health protocols while in the Netherlands
Disclaimer: Current Netherlands travel rules can change without notice and are being updated constantly. We do our best to keep this article up to date with all the latest information, but the decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Originally Published: August 29