The extremely popular online travel company website, TripAdvisor, has just revealed their top 5 best experiences in the world for 2022.
Let’s take a look at which experiences made it into the top 5 – thanks to their consistently high ratings and reviews uploaded by travelers to the TripAdvisor website during the last twelve months.
5. Clear Kayak Tour of Shell Key Preserve and Tampa Bay Area (Tierra Verde, Florida, U.S.)
For those that enjoy kayaking, this clear kayak tour of the Shell Key Preserve and Tampa Bay Area – in Tierra Verde, Florida, U.S. – is sure to be one that you will never forget.
In fact, this tour was at the top of the list when it came to the ‘best experiences’ in the U.S. last year (2021) – which echoes just how ‘special’ this tour really is.
So, what does the tour include?
Let’s take a look at some of the things that visitors can expect from this two to two and a half hour long kayaking tour:
- a clear kayak – which can accommodate up to 2 people
- useful facts and information from your tour guide throughout the tour – including some unique facts about the areas that you paddle your way through, as well as information on the local wildlife and marine life and much, much more
- the opportunity to experience the local marine life and plant life – with it possible to see with your very own eyes, the likes of manatees, dolphins, pelicans and potentially many more species of marine life
- the opportunity to explore Florida’s natural mangroves – with there even being a possibility that you will go inside one of the mangrove’s tunnels (tide permitting)
- time spent paddling through the beautiful clear blue waters to the Shell Key Preserve – where you will get to experience a stunning beach and sandbars
- the opportunity to get up close to some of the local wildlife – with it even possible to spot some of the native coastal birds flying around the area.
4. Natural Pool & Indian Cave Jeep Safari (Aruba)
This four and a half hour jeep safari will stop at the following sights:
- Ayo and Casibari Rock Formations, northeast of Hooiberg Aruba
- Arikok National Park
- Natural Pool, Windward Coast, Noord Aruba
Throughout the safari you are sure to be in awe of the stunning scenery that the coastline of Aruba has to offer – with an opportunity to discover just how beautiful this country really is.
You will also have the opportunity on this safari to:
- discover some of the nation’s landscapes that have been forged by volcanic rock formation
- catch a glimpse of some of the wildlife residing in the Arikok National Park
- visit the Dos Playa Beach – which boasts two coves in pure nature
- visit the fascinating Fountein Garden at the Arikok National Park
- swim and snorkel at the natural pool on the Windward Coast.
This tour is sure to be one that you will never forget – with the safari allowing visitors to access parts of the country that would be somewhat challenging to visit by yourself.
3. Tour of North Shore (70%) and Sightseeing (30%) (Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.)
Taking the number three spot when it comes to the ‘best experiences’ of 2022 is the spectacular tour of the north shore of Honolulu, in the U.S. state of Hawaii.
Those that enjoy swimming, kayaking or paddle boarding are sure to not be disappointed by this tour – with it possible to choose from all of these activities during the first part of the tour.
And, if that wasn’t enough, tour goers will also have the opportunity to experience some of Hawaii’s most stunning and jaw-droppingly beautiful sights – which is where filming of some of the world’s biggest movies, such as Jurassic Park and Jumanji took place.
During the tour you will also get to visit as much as 80% of the island of Oahu – whilst being provided with an array of information from your guide throughout the tour – so that you can find out everything you need to know about the island.
The tour has in fact been ranked as the number one tour in Honolulu throughout the last four years – which is no mean feat considering that there are currently 480 tours available to choose from in the city.
2. Red Dunes Quad Bike, Sandsurg, Camels & BBQ at Al Khayma (Dubai, UAE)
This is a great activity for adrenaline-seeking travelers visiting Dubai in the United Arab Emirates – as you will get to partake in a variety of desert pursuits during this 6 hour-long experience.
During this tour of the nation’s red sand dunes, it is possible to partake in the following activities:
- quad biking through the red dunes
- camel riding and feeding
- sandboarding down the red dunes.
Those that partake in this Dubai desert experience will also have the opportunity to try on some traditional Arabian costumes, get a henna tattoo, watch a variety of live shows in the middle of the desert and much much more.
And, if that wasn’t enough, you will also be able to enjoy some traditional Arabic food with the experience package including a barbecue buffet.
1. Amsterdam Open Boat Canal Cruise – Live Guide – from Anne Frank House (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Claiming the number one spot when it comes to the best experiences in the world for 2022 is the Amsterdam Open Boat Canal Cruise.
And, there is no doubt that the experience is worthy of its title – with visitors able to take in so much during the one-hour long cruise, including the world-renowned Ann Frank House, as well as:
- the Jordaan – which features narrow canals and streets, as well as a variety of unique dutch pubs and eateries
- the Houseboat Museum – which provides visitors with the opportunity to experience what life on board a houseboat in the canals of Amsterdam is really like
- Leiden Square – a busy and lively area, which is one of the city’s main squares
- Rijskmuseum – the national museum of the Netherlands
- De Duif – an architecturally-beautiful church on the Prinsengracht
- and much much more – you can view a full list of everything that you are likely to pass during the cruise by clicking here.
During this fascinating cruise – which operates using electrically-powered boats – guests will be able to relax with a drink courtesy of the on-board bar whilst soaking up all that the city’s Unesco Heritage listed Canals have to offer.
There is no doubt that this cruise down the Amsterdam canals is likely to be at the top of your list of highlights when visiting the Dutch capital, as it truly is the best possible way to take in the city’s most famous monuments and memorials, and soak up some true Dutch culture.
This article originally appeared on Travel Off Path. For the latest breaking news that will affect your next trip, please visit: Traveloffpath.com
↓ Join the community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current travel rules and restrictions can change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories