More destinations throughout Asia have been dropping their entry restrictions and opening up to travelers over the past few months. As a result, flight services have been ramping up to take travelers where they need to go. Whether you’re dreaming of setting off to Singapore or Seoul or want to warm up this fall on a trip to Vietnam, there are some direct flight options from the U.S.
We checked the most recent flight schedules and prices on Skyscanner for the month of October and discovered the top nonstop flight options from the U.S. to top destinations across Asia that are currently available.
Direct Flights To Asia: An Overview
While not every country has a direct flight service from the U.S. (like Thailand or Cambodia) know that you can easily make a transfer on a local airline from one of these destinations listed below. Major hubs like Tokyo’s Narita International Airport and Taipei Airport are typically the best places for a quick layover if you want to get to sunny Southeast Asian destinations.
Know that at this time, same-day connections are allowed in Tokyo (but you can’t transfer between Haneda and Narita Airport) without having to submit any of the Covid-related entry requirements. Check the latest guidance if you are planning to have a quick layover in Tokyo.
Direct Flights to Seoul, South Korea
The only nonstop flight options to South Korea from the U.S. right now are to the capital city of Seoul. The city comes alive during the autumn months with the fall foliage in bloom, where hiking opportunities await in the centrally-located Namsan Park or some parks just on the outskirts of the city.
- Honolulu to Seoul (ICN): On Hawaiian Airlines, Korean Airlines, & Delta, flight prices start at $599 one-way.
- Seattle to Seoul: Asiana Airlines, Korean Airlines, & Delta, prices starting at $617 one-way.
- San Francisco to Seoul: Asiana Airlines, United Airlines, Korean Air, & Delta, flight prices starting at $750 one-way.
- Minneapolis to Seoul: Delta and Korea Air, flight prices starting at $690 one-way.
- Los Angeles to Seoul: Asiana Airlines, Korean Air, & Delta, flight prices starting at $834 one-way.
- New York (JFK) to Seoul: Asiana Airlines, Korean Air, & Delta, flight prices start at $873 one-way.
- Detroit to Seoul: Delta and Korean Air, flight prices start at $864 one-way.
Fully vaccinated travelers do not have to self-isolate upon arrival to South Korea. Travelers though are still required to take a PCR test within 24 hours of arrival (pre-departure testing dropped).
Direct Flights To Japan
- Honolulu to Tokyo: Via Zipair, ANA, Hawaiian Airlines, Japan Airlines, United Airlines, flight prices starting at $300 one-way on low-cost airline Zipair.
- Los Angeles to Tokyo: Via Zipair, Japan Airlines, United Airlines, ANA, Singapore Airlines, flight prices starting at $399 one-way.
- San Diego to Tokyo: Via Japan Airlines, American Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, flight prices starting at $590 one-way.
- Seattle to Tokyo: Japan Airlines and American Airlines, flight prices starting at $757 one-way.
- New York to Tokyo: ANA, Japan Airlines, United Airlines, flight prices starting at $1075 one-way.
Direct Flights To Singapore
- Flight from San Francisco: On Singapore Airlines & United Airlines. Flight prices start at around $500-600 one-way.
- From Los Angeles: On Singapore Airlines, prices starting at $500 for one-way.
- From Seattle: Currently one weekly flight on Singapore Airlines, prices start at $800 one-way.
- From New York (JFK/Newark): Via Singapore Airlines, prices at $1000 one-way.
Entry restrictions for Singapore: Fully vaccinated travelers to Singapore are currently not subject to any testing requirements, as they were dropped this past April.
Direct Flights To The Philippines
- From Los Angeles: Via Philippine Airlines, flight prices currently start at $800 one-way.
- From San Francisco: Philippine Airlines, prices start at $800 one-way.
- From Honolulu: Philippine Airlines, prices start at between $700 to $800 one-way.
- From New York: Philippine Airlines, direct flights begin only in November, flight prices around $800 one-way.
Entry requirements: Fully vaccinated travelers can travel to the Philippines without any testing requirements, but will have to self-monitor for symptoms for 7 days. Here are the restrictions for unvaccinated travelers and those without a booster.
Direct Flights To Taiwan
- San Francisco to Taipei: China Airlines, Eva Air and United Airlines, flight prices start at $588 one-way.
- Los Angeles to Taipei: China Airlines and Eva Air, flight prices start at $615 one-way.
- Seattle to Taipei: Eva Air, flight prices starting at $665 one-way.
- New York City to Taipei: Eva Air, flight prices starting at $693 one-way.
- Chicago to Taipei: Eva Air, flight prices at $815 one-way.
While most international visitors still can’t visit without quarantine at this time, it is now possible to transit through the country without any restrictions.
Direct Service To Vietnam
San Francisco to Ho Chi Minh City: Direct flights available on Vietnam Airlines, prices starting at $730 one-way.
Vietnam removed all Covid-related entry requirements back in May of this year.
This article originally appeared on Travel Off Path. For the latest breaking news that will affect your next trip, please visit: Traveloffpath.com
↓ Join the community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current travel rules and restrictions can change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories